50 Syracuse University doctoral candidates were awarded Summer Disseratation Fellowship for summer 2019. Each student received $4,000 in Invest Syracuse funding to help them focus on their dissertations instead of having to work extra hours—away from their research—to support themselves.
To apply for the fellowship, doctoral students must be in good standing, have completed all their required coursework and qualifying exam, have a commitment to making significant progress toward completing their dissertation, and confirm that the fellowship would serve as their primary source of summer funding.
School of Education Summer Dissertation Fellows include:
- Hugh O. Burnam, Cultural Foundations of Education, with Dalia Rodriguez
- Gaye Defne Ceyhan, Science Education, with John Tillotson
- Jiaming Cheng, Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation, with Jing Lei
- Meredith Devennie, Teaching and Curriculum, with George Theoharis
- Sarah M. Fleming, Literacy Education, with Kelly Chandler-Olcott
- Martin Alberto Gonzalez, Cultural Foundations of Education, with Dalia Rodriguez
- Kathryn Theresa Kozak, Counseling and Counselor Education, with Melissa Luke
- Harvey Charles Peters, Counseling and Counselor Education, with Melissa Luke
- Hester Petronella Veitch, Cultural Foundations of Education, with Alan Foley