Ten members of the Syracuse University Marching Band (SUMB) performed in the College Band Directors National Association‘s Intercollegiate Marching Band during halftime of the College Football Playoff National Championship Game on January 11, 2021. These “Pride of the Orange” members joined nearly 1,500 performers from 200 bands in 45 states and Puerto Rico.
This unique project brings together college marching bands from different conferences, regions and styles in a single performance. The Intercollegiate Marching Band performed “End of Time” by Beyoncé in a video that played in the stadium at halftime, and on the band’s YouTube channel.
Six of the ten students are from the School of Education:
- Matthew Quezada, Drum Major: Music Education major (dual with VPA)
- Caroline Bookstaver, Color Guard: Social Studies Education/History major (dual with A&S)
- Brandon Bauer, Tenor Saxophone: social studies education/political science (dual with A&S)
- Micayla MacDougall, Drum Major: Music Education major (dual with VPA)
- Amanda Zall, Drum Major: Music Education major (dual with VPA)
- Sean Partee, bari saxophone: Music Education major (dual with VPA)
Syracuse University is also represented by Jamed Kamara (computer science), Ryan O’Connor (finance), Bella Earle (biochemistry), and Trina Catterson (broadcasting and mass communication).