Business Services

The School of Education Office of the Dean Business Services is the central services operation for human resources, payroll, budgeting, disbursements, purchasing, and graduate financial aid and scholarship for the School of Education.

More Information and Forms For:

Contact Us

Office of the Dean Business Services
270 Huntington Hall
Syracuse, NY 13244

John Beecher, Budget Director|315.443.4753
John Beecher
Christopher Juiliani, Budget Analyst|315.443.5838
Lisa Battalino, Accounting Coordinator|315.443.1881
Lisa Battalino
Abbey Welker, Administrative Specialist|315.443.4031
Kimberley Salanger, Functional Business Analyst/Accreditation Coordinator|315.443.9682
Kimberley Salanger

Human Resources and Payroll

The Business Services Office processes personnel appointments, oversees online time entry, and distributes paychecks. We also work directly with the University’s central Human Resources and Payroll offices.

Online time sheets for Weekly and Semi-Weekly Employees are due on Wednesday, the last day of the pay period, to allow time for supervisor review and approval. For weekly employees who have not set up direct deposit, paychecks will be available for pickup in 270 Huntington Hall the following Wednesday.

Forms and Resources

Graduate Student Financial Aid and Assistantships

The Graduate School Awards Forms are password protected. This page includes forms for Graduate Assistantships and Teaching Assistantships, including forms and information sheets for Graduate Assistantships, Teaching Assistantships, Fellowships, stipends, tuition credit scholarships, grants, and sponsored positions. These are forms completed by faculty and departments, and submitted to the Graduate School for processing.

School of Education Scholarships and applied for, decided on, and processed within the School of Education. Visit School of Education Endowed Scholarships for more information and the application process.

Financial, Purchasing, Travel, and Reimbursement

Business Services can assist with questions and completing forms related to reimbursement and travel approval/funding for faculty, staff, and students. Additional information on grant and sponsored project services and funding can be found under Research Resources.

Internal SOE Forms, available on the G drive (G:/SOE/SOE Public/Forms)

  • Travel Request Form
  • Student Travel Grant Proposal Form
  • Note: these forms will only be accessible from an SU computer, or while connected to the SU VPN (SURA). If you need assistance connecting to the G Drive or Accessing the SOE Public folder, email

Purchasing and Financial

Reimbursement Information