Transfer Students and IUT

About 15% of undergraduates entering the university each year are transfer students. Transfer students are academically strong and enter at different levels in all of the University’s academic programs. If you are considering transferring into one of our undergraduate programs, there are important requirements, policies, and procedures that you should be aware of to make the transition as smooth as possible for you.

If you plan to transfer from another college or university into Syracuse University and School of Education, we strongly recommend that you speak with our office as early as possible to evaluate your record and to plan your course of study.

Timothy Findlay, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment|315.443.4269
Timothy Findlay

Intra-University Transfers (IUT)

Students transferring from other schools/colleges within the University (intra-University transfer) must meet the School of Education admission requirements that were in effect at the time of matriculation into the University. All students must meet the cumulative grade point average requirement for your program of interest (2.8 for Selected Studies in Education, 3.0 for all other programs).

Contact or visit the Office of Academic and Student Services to submit an intra-university transfer application and schedule an interview. This should be done well in advance of the start of the next semester to allow for processing and planning time. If you meet the cumulative GPA requirement, you are admitted on a space-available basis as determined by each program. If your cumulative GPA does not meet the requirements, we can advise you on other options. The applicability of prior earned credit (both SU and transfer credit) will be evaluated for you. Intra-University transfer applications are held until the end of the semester when GPAs and student interest in entering the program are assessed.

If you would like to meet with an advisor about your interest in the School of Education, please contact:

For more information about the intra-University transfer process please contact The Office of Academic and Student Services.