During these difficult times, we do not want to forget to stop and enjoy the successes and congratulate the accomplishments of the Syracuse University master’s degree class of 2020. We look forward to gathering to celebrate you in the future and we are dedicated to continue to support your educational and career goals. We understand that the need to stay in place is impacting your job prospects and mobility so we have joined together to offer our master’s graduates a unique and valuable opportunity to continue their education and enhance their marketability for the future.
The 2020 Orange Opportunity Scholarship will offer you the opportunity to complete a second master’s degree or certificate of advanced study with a 50% tuition scholarship. This tuition scholarship will only be available for graduating master’s degree students who return for a second participating degree program that starts in the Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 semesters.
- Must have graduated from a Syracuse University main campus program between Fall 2019 and Summer 2020.
- Must be admitted to one of programs listed below and start in Summer 2020 or Fall 2020.
- Please note: this scholarship cannot be combined with other program-granted graduate funding awards, such as School of Education percentage scholarships, assistantships or fellowships, nor can it be deferred to future terms.
As always, application fees are waived for Syracuse University students and alumni. While the June 15 deadline has passed, you can contact us to discuss programs you can still start for summer or fall 2020:
School of Education Orange Opportunity Programs
* denotes a degree that meets the academic requirements for New York State teacher certification. Learn more about certification programs and eligibility.
^ denotes a degree that already provides scholarship opportunities exceeding Orange Opportunity, up to a 75% discount.
Summer Semester Start
- Arts Education (PreK-Grade 12), M.S. Preparation *
- English Education (Grades 7-12), M.S. *
- Inclusive Special Education (Grades 7-12 Generalist), M.S. *^
- Mathematics Education (Grades 7-12), M.S. *^
- Media & Education, M.A.
- Media & Education, C.A.S.
- Music Education (PreK-Grade 12), M.S./M.Mus. Professional *
- Science Education (Grades 7-12), M.S. *^
- Social Studies Education (Grades 7-12), M.S. *
- Teaching English Language Learners (PreK-Grade 12), M.S. First Certification *
Fall Semester Start
- Arts Education (PreK-Grade 12), M.S. Professional *
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling, M.S. ^
- Cultural Foundations of Education, M.S.
- Designing Digital Instruction, C.A.S. (online)
- Disability Studies, C.A.S.
- Early Childhood Special Education (Birth-Grade 2), M.S. *^
- Educational Leadership, M.S.
- Educational Leadership, C.A.S. *^
- Educational Technology, C.A.S.
- Higher Education, M.S.
- Inclusive Special Education (Grades 1-6), M.S. *
- Inclusive Special Education (Severe/Multiple Disabilities), M.S. *
- Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation, M.S.
- Instructional Design Foundations, C.A.S.
- Intercollegiate Athletic Advising and Support, C.A.S.
- Literacy Education (Birth-Grade 12), M.S. *
- Music Education (PreK-Grade 12), M.S. Preparation *
- School Counseling (K-12), M.S. *^
- School Counseling, C.A.S. *
- Teaching and Curriculum, M.S.
- Teaching English Language Learners (PreK-Grade 12), M.S. *
Our graduate admissions staff can help you choose the program that’s right for you, explore program and funding eligibility, and guide you through the internal admissions process.